Driving in Australia for the first time?
Here are the top things that foreigners need to know:
- Metric measurements are used.
- Left hand driving. Everything is the same except that the wheels is on the left.
- Driving laws are the same in every country. Do not drink and drive. Do not use your phone. Fasten your seat belt.
- Park in line with traffic.
- Trams in Melbourne use the same roads as cars so there are a few more rules here which you need to know first before getting in the car.
- Driver’s License. Your license, along with your passport, must always be with you. The license should be an overseas license. If its non-English, then you must get a language service provider to have it translated and certified. For guaranteed and fast requests of driver’s license translation, go to https://driverslicencetranslation.com.au/
Familiarize yourself with the rules so that you will have a hassle-free vacation!